Work place injuries, workers compensation costs, and other related expenses can become a big problem for your business, especially if you are not being proactive about preventing these types of situations.
Injuries at the workplace are detrimental to your employees and also the future of your business, especially if you don’t have the proper business insurance to cover your liabilities. These incidents also can impact your insurance rates, increase your workers compensation costs, and negatively impact your office’s morale.
In order to help you avoid these issues, check out this list of top causes of accidents in the workplace:
- Fatigue: Tired workers are more likely to have issues with judgment, reflexes, reaction times, and other problems that can lead to accidents.
- Tripping: Items left out in the open or around walkways are huge tripping hazards. Also, stairs that are poorly lit or not well maintained can lead to worker injuries and trips.
- Falling objects: Workers often become injured from objects falling on top of them while reaching up to grab something.
- Repetitive motions: Workers who often engage in repetitive motions can suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, which results in pain in fingers, wrists, and hands.
- Lifting: Lifting heavy boxes or other items around the workplace can lead to injuries, especially when not using proper lifting techniques.
- Collisions: A collision can occur unexpectedly in the workplace when 2 or more workers do not see the other one. For example, opening a door quickly without knowing that there is someone walking by can result in a collision and injury.
These 6 incidents are some of the top causes of accidents in the workplace. Be proactive and avoid these accidents as best as possible, in order to keep your employees safe while protecting the future of your business. Also, don’t forget to review your business insurance policy to make sure that you have the right coverage for your needs and help protect you in these unexpected situations!