As the weather continually starts getting warmer and winter seems to be slowly backing away, you may want to start paying attention to your commercial property a bit more. Now that the snow is staying away, your property will be ready for some maintenance that might not have been noticeable during the winter months. Listed below are some commercial property maintenance tips to get you started this spring:
- As snow continually melts, be sure to remove it from the base of your commercial buildings. That melting snow can cause flooding issues if not taken care of quickly. Remove it properly so it does not block walkways or cause tripping hazards elsewhere on the property.
- Once snow is removed from the area, take a walk around the property to see if anything has become damaged over the winter. Look for cracks in the foundation, walkways, parking lots and anywhere that could have been damaged with the cold, snow or salt exposure. Do not forget to look inside the building too. Hardwood floors may need a good scrubbing after all those salt-covered shoes walked all over them.
- Make appointments with the proper professionals now so they can come evaluate the situation before they become inundated with springtime repairs through other clients.
- Check gutters and drainage areas to make sure they are clear of debris that could have built up over the winter.
- Decide on how you want the landscape to look this season. Make a plan including drawings of what you might want to incorporate into the design.
- Include any repairs and landscaping ideas into your seasonal budget so you are not surprised when bills come in.
- Review your commercial property insurance to make sure you still have all the coverage you need to protect your business.
For other questions and property concerns you may have, contact us today.